KinderHaus, San Francisco’s only German immersion preschool, is looking for a dynamic Preschool Teacher and Teacher Aide to join KinderHaus’ teaching team. We are looking for motivated self-starters, who are passionate about early childhood development, enjoy working with diverse families and are looking to grow their careers. If this sounds exciting, please apply!
Job Title: Teacher Aide – KinderHaus Preschool
Job Type: Hourly, 20-40 hours/week
Reports to: KinderHaus Director and/or Head Teacher
KinderHaus is a play-based program, where children are exposed to different cultures and languages in a supportive environment that allows each child’s talents and interests to unfold. Children are encouraged to develop the values of sharing, cooperation and respect for others. Activities include art projects, music, crafts, movement, physical education, nature exploration and story time – with an emphasis on the German language.
- Our Teacher Aide will work under the direct supervision of the KinderHaus teaching staff:
- Help with set-up/clean-up of classroom activities
- Assist with supervision, protection, and care of all children
- Participate in developmentally appropriate activities and field trips that provide opportunities for learning, exploration, and growth
- Meet the emotional needs of the kids by supporting them during times of conflict, injury, and transition (arrival, nap time, etc.)
- Adhere to KinderHaus policies when working with the children
- Engage in constructive communication with all Head Teacher and teaching staff
- Relate to and communicate well with parents, children, and staff
- 18 years of age
- Completion of 6 Early Childhood Education (ECE or equivalent) units OR current enrollment in ECE classes with commitment to have 6 units completed
- First-Aid and CPR training (may be obtained prior to hire)
- Knowledge of German a plus
Part or Full time position available. Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits available to full time staff.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.